- Levine, G. N. et al. Psychological Health, Well-Being, and the Mind-Heart-Body Connection: A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association. Circulation 143, e763–e783 (2021).
- Steptoe, A. & Kivimäki, M. Stress and cardiovascular disease: an update on current knowledge. Annu Rev Public Health 34, 337–354 (2013).
- Pänkäläinen, M., Kerola, T., Kampman, O., Kauppi, M. & Hintikka, J. Pessimism and risk of death from coronary heart disease among middle-aged and older Finns: an eleven-year follow-up study. BMC Public Health 16, 1124 (2016).
- Boehm, J. K. et al. Psychological Well-being’s Link with Cardiovascular Health in Older Adults. Am J Prev Med 53, 791–798 (2017).
- Rozanski, A., Bavishi, C., Kubzansky, L. D. & Cohen, R. Association of Optimism With Cardiovascular Events and All-Cause Mortality: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. JAMA Netw Open 2, e1912200 (2019).
- Kubzansky, L. D. & Thurston, R. C. Emotional vitality and incident coronary heart disease: benefits of healthy psychological functioning. Arch Gen Psychiatry 64, 1393–1401 (2007).
Date of last access: 21.03.2023